June 19, 2012 Third meeting
Present: Linda, Patti, Susan Bussey, Jo Anne Harris
Action steps from May meeting (for reference)
- Linda will clean up list of requirements (DONE)
- Patti will create "test citations" for group (Citation list identified)
- Linda will draft survey on citation styles in disciplines and check distribution methods (Draft created: not yet distributed. Need discussion.)
- Patti will check on what we need to test database connectivity.
- Dan and Linda will work on designing testing protocol. (Partial progress - will report)
- Faculty members - talk to colleagues, especially about citation formats
How can we narrow down our list of potential programs?
- Classroom testing?
- Ranking criteria and eliminating on that basis?
How can we gather sufficient citation styles across campus?
- Susan Bussey will explore using Mendelay with her class.
- Jo Anne Harris will ask class to comment on EasyBib, which they have been using.
- Linda and Dan will provide an online survey for classes using different programs by July 16.
- Either web-based or inside D2L
- Linda and Patti will send out a reference list of "test cases" to narrow down the current list.
- Patti will identify major database vendors for testing database connectivity.