Primary Info / Resources
Other Details and Resources
- Meeting Time / Location: 2:00pm-5:30pm TR C-1135
- Instructor: Dr. Bob Lutz
- D2L Homepage
- Coding Standards (in OneDrive Folder)
- List of chapters covered, by textbook version
- Tutoring Info
- Introduction to Java Programming 10/e Resources
- Project Pages: Section01
- Textbook: Introduction to Java Programming by Y. Daniel Liang 10/e
Reviewing ITEC 2120/2140 Skills
Many students have a slow start with this course as they try to recall the topics covered in ITEC 2120 -- Intro to Programming
Here's a list of resources that may help you review and ease the transition:
- Chapters 1-9 in Liang's text (obviously)
- MyProgrammingLab is an online coding environment that provides lots of feedback. The MPL problems for Chapters 1-9 are posted and you can approach in a self study fashion.
- There’s always codingbat and another site called practiceit — if you’re familiar with those. Not as strong as MPL, in my opinion.
- There are review/practice questions on Liang’s LiveLab site — these might be worth checking out.
- For the Liang textbook, you can get go to the Companion Site and retrieve the solutions for all even-numbered, end of chapter problems. You might want to work some of those.
- There’s an excellent text titled “Thinking in Java” by Bruce Eckel. Eckel offers the 3rd edition for free (electronic download). I’m not sure another text is really the best solution — but it’s an option.
- Coupled with any of the above, situate yourself for a work session in the AEC or programming group lab (B-2450). That way, as you work through problems, experts will be nearby to get you unstuck quickly. I’ve seen students use this strategy very effectively.
- The powerpoints for Chapters 1-9 have been posted in the course's OneDrive location
- MPL (and the text's companion website) posts the videonotes for Chapters 1-9
- Also, remember to post questions on the course's Help! - I have a question discussion forum, especially if you can’t get to the AEC or Programming Lab. Programming is a team sport and together we are stronger!
Go to: Main ITEC 2150 Homepage