Introduction to Programming
- Course Title: Introduction to Programming
- Meeting Time:
- 8:00am - 11:30am, TR
- Classroom: A 1740
- Instructor: Dr. Bob Lutz
|Introduction to Java Programming 10/e||Y. Daniel Liang||Yes||http://wps.pearsoned.com/ecs_liang_ijp_10|
|Learning Processing||Daniel Shiffman||No, but strongly recommended||http://learningprocessing.com|
Course Materials and Links
Here's a list of extra resources that may help:
- MyProgrammingLab is an online coding environment that provides lots of feedback. The MPL problems for Chapters 1-9 are posted and you can approach in a self study fashion.
There’s always codingbat and another site called practiceit — if you’re familiar with those. Not as strong as MPL, in my opinion.
- There are review/practice questions on Liang’s LiveLab site — these might be worth checking out.
- For the Liang textbook, you can get go to the Companion Site and retrieve the solutions for all even-numbered, end of chapter problems. You might want to work some of those.
- There’s an excellent text titled “Thinking in Java” by Bruce Eckel. Eckel offers the 3rd edition for free (electronic download). I’m not sure another text is really the best solution — but it’s an option.
- Coupled with any of the above, situate yourself for a work session in the AEC or programming group lab (B-2450). That way, as you work through problems, experts will be nearby to get you unstuck quickly. I’ve seen students use this strategy very effectively.
- Also, remember to post questions on Piazza, especially if you can’t get to the AEC or Programming Lab. Programming is a team sport and together we are stronger!
Go to: Main ITEC2120 Homepage