Ch6 Test Bank
Please post Test Questions here on this page. This will be a test bank contributed and shared by all groups. Please follow the format below.
- Question 1(Posted by: Section # Group #): Add Content Here
- Question 1(Posted by: Section 5 Group 5): What is the file format for the program Quicktime?
- Answer: .MOV
- Question 2(Posted by: Section 5 Group 5): What is the formula for finding download time?
- Answer: Filesize/Download Speed
- Question 3(Posted by: Section 5 Group 5): What do the numbers in 4:2:2 sub-sampling mean?
- Answer: 4= # of pixels, 2= # of color pixels, 2= # of pixels that have all parts
- Question 4(Posted by: Section 5 Group 5): Which type of video compression compresses each frame?
- Answer: Spatial
- Question 5(Posted by: Section 5 Group 5): What tool is used to compress and decompress video?
- Answer: CODEC
- Question 6(Posted by: Section 9 Group 1 Sarah Brice): What do the SMPTE time-codes identify their frames by?
- Answer: By their coordinates
- Question 7(Posted by: Section 9 Group 3): Name three types of compressed movie formats.
- Answer: MPEG, MOV, and AVI
- Question 8(Posted by: Section 9 Group 3): ____________ define subsets of the features of the data stream.
- Answer: Profiles
- Question 9(Posted by: Section 9 Group 3): ____________ define parameters such as frame size and data rate.
- Answer: Levels
- Question 10 (Posted by: Section 5 Group 2, Stephen Kent): What are the two major video standards prior to HD transmissions?
- Answer: NTSC and PAL
- Question 11 (Posted by: Section 5 Group 2, Stephen Kent): Give at least two examples of container formats.
- Answer: AVI, WMV, WMA, ASF (Advanced Streaming Format, this is what WMV and WMA really are), OGM, and MKV.
- Question 12 (Posted by: Section 9, Group 5, Hare, Endicott): What is video editing?
- Answer: making a constructed whole from a collection of parts
- Question 13 (Posted by: Section 9, Group 5, Hare, Endicott): What does it mean to prepare for delivery?
- Answer: to bring the resource requirements of the video within capabilities of the delivery media
- Question 14(posted by: Section 9 Group 4 Josh Barney): What does FPS stand for, and where is it used?
- Answer: Frames per second, and it is used in video
- Question 15(posted by: Section 9 Group 4 Josh Barney): Old Black and White films use ______ FPS where as modern movies now use ______ FPS.
- Answer: 16, 24
- Question 16(posted by: Section 9 Group 4 Josh Barney): What are the three compress movie formats, and who uses them?
- Answer: MPEG- international standard, MOV- Microsoft standard, AVI- Apple standard
- Question 17(posted by: Section 9 Group 4 Josh Barney): two part question.
a) There are two analog standards PAL whi9ch stands for ___ ___ ___, and NTSC which stands for ____ ____ ____ ____. b) Name some countries that use each.
a) PAL stands for Phase Alternating Line, and NTSC stands for National Television Standards Committee. b) PAL is used in Western Europe, Australia, China, New Zealand. NTSC is used in North America parts of South America, Japan, Taiwan.
- Question 18 (posted by: Section 5 Group 2 Jaspal Singh): Does High Definition effect more than just higher resolution?
- Answer: no it does not effect any more technology.
- Question 18(posted by:Secton 9 Group 1 Steven Minardi) Name two countries that use NTSC
- Answer: United States, Japan, Taiwan, and parts of South America
- Question 19 (posted by: Section 9 Group 1 April Therrien) What would 4:1:1 mean?
- Answer: four of the luminance pixels are sampled, one pixel is sampled with both the R-Y and B-Y
- Question 20 (posted by: Section 5 Group 1 Matthew Garrett) What are the major compressed file formats of video?
- Answer: MPEG, AVI and MOV
- Question 21 (posted by: Section 5 Group 4 Vicki Sulpy) The only significant difference between SD and HD video is the latter used more ______?
- Answer: bits
- Question 22 (posted by: Section 5 Group 4 Vicki Sulpy) Progressive Scanning is when lines of each frame are written to a frame buffer from A) the middle outward; B) from bottom to top or C) from top to bottom
- Answer: C) from top to bottom
Each group should create their own notes.