Welcome to the course wiki page for Digital Multimedia, Section 6. Here is where we will collaboratively create resources for use in the course.
Location: Building B Room 2700
Syllabus: ITEC2110-06 Syllabus
Prerequisites: ITEC1001: Introduction to Computing
Instructor: Dr. Lonnie Harvel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Textbook: Digital Multimedia, ISBN: 0470858907
- Podcast assignment Fall 2009
- Poster assignment Fall 2009
- Video assignment Fall 2009
- Animation assignment Fall 2009
- All things Blender
- Starting a New Wiki Page
- Wiki Formatting Help
- WebCt Vista - check your grades early and often, submit assignments and take quizzes and tests
- GGC Email - use only your GGC assigned email for course communications (not yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc.)
- Jovo Student Gateway - contains email, WebCT, announcements and other campus information
- Course Notes
- Some Video/Film Stuff
Why a Wiki?
What is important is that everyone contributes to the wiki. There are many ways to contribute. Below are a few suggestions:
- Post content
- Organize/restructure content
- Suggest content that is needed
Wikis are an example of viral content. To quote from wikipatterns.com
- One of the most useful attributes of introducing a wiki into an organization is its viral nature. Once a few people begin to use the wiki, they often realize that they could be even more efficient if only their colleagues were using the wiki too. Soon, wiki accounts are spreading exponentially.
What this means is that the more you use and contribute to the wiki, the better a resource it will be.