2016 Summer Opportunity
- Subject: 2016 AMALTHEA REU: Apply by March 31
- AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A 10-WEEK RESEARCH EXPERIENCE FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS is available in the area of Machine Learning. The program is sponsored by the National Science Foundation and is offered by the Information Characterization & Exploitation (ICE) Laboratory at Florida Institute of Technology (FIT) in Melbourne, Florida.
- Machine Learning (ML) gradually evolved as a branch of Artificial Intelligence with its theory and applications positioned at the juncture of Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics and, even, Physics. Nowadays, ML’s role in successfully addressing hard, real-world technological challenges has become ever more current and central. Moreover, its presence and importance now permeates several aspects not only of cutting-edge technology such as computer vision, stock market prediction and big data analytics, but also our daily life through voice-driven searches on our smart phones or movie recommendations on video streaming services to name only a few.
- The program currently accepts applications in order to form a very diverse, multi-disciplinary cohort of nascent researchers for this summer. Minorities, women and people with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2016
- Apply online: http://www.amalthea-reu.org
- For more information, visit our web site at http://www.amalthea-reu.org
- check out the opportunity at New Mexico State University below.
- BIGDatA REU site at New Mexico State University
- The 10-week opportunity (in summer) includes
- - $5,000 stipend
- - Housing and meals
- - Round trip airfare to Las Cruces, NM
- We are looking for domestic undergraduate students (U.S. citizens, or Permanent residents of the U.S.) with interest in different areas related to big data analysis (http://www.cs.nmsu.edu/reu/home/research-projects/).
- Important Dates:
- - March 15, 2016: Deadline for applications
- - March 21, 2016: Deadline for recommendation letters
- - March 24, 2016: Student selection and notification
- - March 31, 2016: Student acceptance deadline
- REU Site at Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT), activities in an interdisciplinary environment with special focus on Computational Sensing.
- We are particularly interested in extending this opportunity to qualified students from underrepresented groups including students with disabilities.
- The REU students will receive a stipend of up to $5000, up to $725 for travel, and up to $1200 for meals. They will also stay free on campus.
- Application deadline: March 31st, 2016, 11:59 P.M. EDT.
- Program duration: 10 weeks (May 31, 2016 -- August 5, 2016).
- For more information and our application form, please visit http://www.cs.rit.edu/~reu/
- Marquette University's Summer 2016 Research Experience for Undergraduates
- (REU) program will run for ten weeks (May 31 to Aug 5, 2016). This program provides U.S. undergraduates with an intensive, faculty-mentored, summer research experience in the areas of applied mathematics, high-performance computing, statistics, ubiquitous and embedded systems and mathematics / CS education. Our target audience is undergraduates of all levels majoring in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related areas.
- Program details, including online application materials and project descriptions from three previous summers, can be found at:
- Our extended application deadline is March 11th, 2016.
- HEALTH IT LEADERSHIP SUMMIT INTERNSHIP FORUM: Created in 2010 by the Georgia Department of Economic Development, the Metro Atlanta Chamber and the Technology Association of Georgia’s Health Society, the Health IT Leadership Summit brings together leaders from across the healthcare continuum to discuss how the industry can drive innovation to enable better healthcare delivery at lower costs to more people.
They usually host a student internship forum and companies come with intern positions available.
- Mobile Atlanta Scholarship Program: The Mobile Atlanta Scholarship Program will award up to five (5) $2,500 scholarships to college students attending school in the Atlanta-area and Georgia who have expressed or demonstrated an interest in advancing mobility. The Deadline in 2014 is December the 5th !
- You must be a full-time student attending college in Georgia during the spring 2015 semester.
- Visit their website at http://www.internnavigator.com/home.html, and click the Student tab.
- BDPA is an international organization with a diverse membership of professionals and students at all levels in the fields of information technology, computer science and related S.T.E.M fields. It holds an annual conference. GGC Student could submit a tech workshop type of presentation. Conference is usually in August; submission deadline is usually in early/mid Jan. Check detail and submission deadline at http://www.bdpa.org/