Process as currently envisioned
We will provide a list of citations, in a neutral format, which can be input into different programs so that the citations they produce can be checked. "Answer keys" will be provided for MLA and APA citation formats (and possibly Chicago or Turabian).
Examples of input citation data (not a complete list, just a preview):
Book with One Author
- Author: Henley, Patricia
- Title: The Hummingbird House.
- Place of publication: Denver
- Publisher: MacMurray
- Date: 1999
- Format: Print
Article in a Scholarly Journal
- Author: Duvall, John N.
- Article title: "The (Super)Marketplace of Images: Television as Unmediated Mediation in DeLillo's White Noise."
- Journal title: Arizona Quarterly
- Vol., issue, Year: 50.3 (1994)
- Pages: 127-53.
- Format: Print.
Article in an Online Scholarly Journal
- Author: Wheelis, Mark.
- Article title: "Investigating Disease Outbreaks Under a Protocol to the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention."
- Journal title: Emerging Infectious Diseases
- Vol., Issue, Year: 6.6 (2000):
- Pages: 595-600.
- Electronic source: Web.
- Date accessed: 8 Feb. 2009.
- File:CitationTest FieldsOnly.doc This file has a list of commonly used reference types, with no formatting. (Labeled fields only.)
- File:CitationTest MLA.doc This file shows commonly used reference types formatted in MLA style.
- More citation formats to come!
If you are interested in working with these resources for a class assignment (rather than, or in addition to, looking at them yourself), please contact Linda Gilbert or Patti Lee - we will be happy to work with you.