BIOL3350 How-to guides
- OBTAINING THE PICTURES AND INFORMATION YOU WILL NEED:
- Obtain an images that you want to use for your infectious disease page. Use an image editing program to resize it to 150 KB or less. Save the image on your Desktop. You may NOT include copyrighted information.
- Use appropriate sources to find the scientific name and classification of your causative organism.
- Gather relevant information about your organism and disease.
- EDITING THE WIKI
- Go to the Mycology Wiki (http://wiki.ggc.edu/wiki/BIOL3350).
- Login to the wiki using your email username and password.
- Click your name.
- To edit the entire page at once, click “Edit this page” at the bottom of the page. (Note: Be sure to click “Save” frequently so that you don’t lose your work.)
- To insert an image, click on Upload File in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click browse to find your image. Be sure to note if the image is a .jpg or .gif, etc. Double click on your image. Click upload file.
- Go to your page and click edit on the section where you want to insert the image. Type in File:Image name.extension (.jpg, .gif…). For example:
- Click on Show Preview. If everything is how you want it, click Save page.
- Other information about adding external links and other pages can be found on the wiki site. Contact me with any questions.