Audacity Podcast Tutorial
- To import Audio tracks into Audacity goto project>Import Audio
- You will be able to choose which audio files to import.
- Once your audio file is imported you should see something similar to this:
- Your audio file may be too long in duration for your project. You can cut it down to 3 minutes by selecting the portions of the song that go beyond 3 minutes and then selecting edit>delete, or just by pressing delete.
- To record, first make sure that a microphone device is plugged in and ready to record. After that, simply press the record button and begin talking. The recorded audio will appear as a separate track. To stop recording, just click the stop button.
- Various effects can be applied to the audio, such as fade in, fade out, and more.
- To apply these effects, simply select the portion of the audio track that you want to apply an effect to and then select your effect under the effect menu.
Switching up the balance
- In order to make audio come out of one speaker or one side of a set of headphones, you can adjust the balance to affect how much audio comes out of a direction.
- For this project you will want the recorded track to come out of the right speaker and the music to come out of the left speaker like shown:
- Before you export you should save the whole project file. Select file>save project as, and you will be given the option to name and save your project file.
- To begin exporting to .wav, all you have to do is select file>export as wav. You will be given the option to name and save your file as a wav.
- To encode in mp3 you will need the LAME mp3 encoder which can be found here.
- Once you have the mp3 encoder you will be able to encode in mp3 by selecting file>export as mp3, and then when you are prompted to find the encoder file you should select it, and then you will be given the option to name and save your file.