Association of Information Technology Professionals
The mission of the AITP student chapter is to develop a better understanding of the nature and functions of information technology, to foster among students a better understanding of the role of information technology in an organization, to provide a forum for students to network with information technology professionals, IT faculty and other students, and to provide opportunities to enhance professional skills.
Why Join A Professional Organization?
- Attending conferences and participating in professional organizations improves your business skills and your professionalism.
- As a student, you are eligible for reduced membership fees. (The information you will learn will be worth ten times what you had to pay to be involved.)
- Membership provides you with a great opportunity to network. This means there are several people out there to help you with your self-development and career advancement.
- Attending meetings and conferences give you the opportunity to attend lectures by the foremost experts in your field.
- Most organizations have a publication devoted to issues and developments in your area that comes free with membership.
- Associations offer other valuable resources and industry publications in your area.
- Future employers appreciate knowing that you are interested in keeping abreast of current issues and developments.
- Being a member allows you to take advantage of student leadership possibilities that not only help you develop your skills, but also prove useful on a resume.
- Organizations often provide vendor discounts on products, services and educational programs.
- Many organizations provide industry advocacy information.
Why Join AITP?
- AITP has been around awhile, since 1952:
- Access to seasoned professionals
- AITP has a large and diverse membership
- CIOs/Executive IT leaders
- Middle managers
- Non-management professionals
- Students majoring in the IT field
- AITP provides local chapters that provide:
- Face to face networking
- Education programs
- Career opportunities
- Community involvement
- AITP offers national and regional resources:
- Career Resources
- Education and training programs
- Meet People Working in Your Field of Interest
- Learn About Job or Internship Openings
- Understand Trends in the Field
- Polish Your Communication and Presentation Skills
- Prove Your Future Career Really Matters to You
- Stay Connected!
- Access to Professional Members - your valuable resource
- Networking with other IT professionals - learning the business “ropes”
- Internship Opportunities - from “campus to real world”
- Special Events - Collegiate Conferences
- Career Connections - Path your career
- Peer to Peer Networking - Student Chapters nationwide
- Leadership Opportunities - Student Leadership Council
- Interim Membership (from student to professional)
How To Join
- Fill out and submit the national AITP Student Application.
- Login into the GGC GetInvolved Clubs website (using your Desire2Learn login information), then click the Join Organization button found on the AITP home page.
Standing Meeting Time
First Tuesday of every month at 2:00 PM.